Monday, January 31, 2011

IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES

This week in MY FRIDAY COLUMN I breakdown some fan mail that was recieved in the form of a Letter to the Editor in THE TRIBUNE.

IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES

I never get tired of hearing from the  people that read my column every week....

The point of Ms. Larner’s letter was to criticize me for pointing out the shortfalls of councilman Steve Price in my recent column THIRD DISTRICT DESERVES BETTER 


I stand by every statement that I have ever made concerning the members of this city council.


Ms. Larner started her letter by demonstrating her complete lack of knowledge of the “Historical Society” as she puts it, and exclaims that “something should be done about them.”  She claims that they are unconstitutional and a “far cry from what our fore fathers had in mind.”


I will continue to give my opinions on how this council has failed those that it has been elected to represent.  I am certain that this is what the fore fathers had in mind.


Last Sunday The Tribune’s Editorial Board published an editorial calling for “the best and brightest” to come forward and seek public office.  They say “the city needs capable people--those who can make a difference in our community.”   During the first week that candidates could file to run for public office there were only three people that committed to running (two for mayor and one for council at large).  


2011 PRIMARY CANDIDATES


Indeed it is imperative that our best and brightest do step forward so that there are reasonable choice in this May's Primary.

In the meantime I will continue to point out  the flaws and the faults of New Albany's city council.  If they are allowed to go unchecked, it would be hard to imagine the damage that they could cause.









No comments: