Friday, February 11, 2011

Finding a Cure for Funding Problems

Even though this plan did not make it out of committee yesterday he still plans to bring it up again next week.  I have nothing against properly funding the New Albany-Floyd County Parks Department.  I just do not believe that creating another layer of government is the answer.

FINDING A CURE FOR FUNDING PROBLEMS

the need for creating a parks district arises from a problem with the way our parks department is currently funded by two government bodies and the problems that arise when they must cut the departments budget...



There are several departments that are under funded or could do without cuts.  Will they get special consideration from the Indiana statehouse?  Who will fight for other departments and why are so many departments struggling?


While MYMANMITCH is making plans a tour to tell the country how great a job the state of Indiana has done in weathering the financial storm he fails to mention that he has done it on the backs of local governments and schools. 



I want to live in a town that has the cleanest and best maintained parks around.  I would like to enjoy a hot afternoon at a new aquatics center where I can take my family without having to go to Clark County.  I am also willing to pay my fair share for the ability to do so.  


I also would like to be sure there are enough police on the street if ever there was a problem.  I would like to think there was enough firemen around if my house or the house of a friend or loved one had caught on fire.  I want to live in a city that had paved streets that were maintained before they started to crumble.  I want the children of New-Albany Floyd County School Corporation to have the best schools with the best teachers available.  


I  believe that most taxpayers in New Albany and Floyd County and all across Indiana would be willing to pay their fair share to make sure that they could have the best possible government around.  Until the State of Indiana cures the way it distributes our tax dollars, we are only treating the symptoms and someone needs to find a cure.





No comments: