Friday, October 15, 2010

"I HAVE A MICROPHONE AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY WORD THAT I HAVE TO SAY"

This week in MY FRIDAY COLUMN I respond to a conversation that took place over at Roger Baylor's NA Confidential Blog:  www.CityofNewAlbany.blogspot.com

EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE AN OPINION


While shooting down and never answering my specific question he stated “if your not helping, get the hell out of the way.”

This really took me back.  For someone to suggest that someone with a different opinion as his should just keep it to themselves and hope the people in charge make the right decisions (apparently he has never been to one of New Albany's city council meetings).

 It is pretty un-American to stand by as things go on around you, that you do not like and you just “get out of the way”.   My column would get really boring really quickly if I used that philosophy when preparing what to write.

I do not plan on getting out of the way any time soon.  

You may not always agree with what I have to say, but you have the right to respond and express your opinion’s also.  We might disagree on philosophy or political ideology but what we can all agree that every opinion is important and has the right to be expressed.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew,

I just can't imagine that someone wouldn't agree with you on everything, but then sometimes you don't agree with what you throw out there, because you like for folks to be stimulated into responding one way or another. I applaude you for doing so.

Ok, here's one for you to send to your associates at the EN desk. "What happened to the dirt removed from the old bridge ramp in Jeffersonville?" "Where do you think that dirt is now?" "When Clark County needs dirt to fill in some new project, how much is that dirt going to cost the taxpayers to buy back?"........No, I'm not kidding. What's your best guess?

Thanks and keep up the good work!