Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Christmas Wish list for 2010

I made a list and I checked it twice of things I would like in 2010 in MY FRIDAY COLUMN:

MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST FOR 2010

Every time I go to a New Albany city council meeting I am more and more disappointed, but maybe next year there is something that can be done about it.

...If our city is to move forward it is imperative that improvements are made to the personnel.  It is my wish that with next year’s election there will be some much needed turnover so that some of the members that have worn out their welcome can hit the door...


Next year's election could very well be one of the most pivotal in a generation.  With a couple of current members with personal problems or ambitions of higher office, a couple of members who have not lived up to expectations, and a couple of members that do whatever they can to stand in the way of progress.


...we need some good, qualified candidates that are willing to work hard to make this community great.   The pay is not very good, the hours seem tedious and it is a very thankless job.  Those that are willing to put up of with some of the shenanigans that go on in and around city hall...


I am looking forward to an interesting election next year and anticipate some considerable turnover.  We could really use some new blood to lead us in the right direction

...While I was discovering a nice place to get from one community to the other quickly and safely, I also learned more about The Ohio River Greenway project....
http://www.ohiorivergreenway.org/

...My wish for the coming year is that significant progress can be made in obtaining financing and completing this project in a timely matter....


I think that when the Ohio River Greenway project is complete linking New Albany, Clarksville and Jeffersonville with a Bicycle/Pedestrian path it will be the catalyst for bigger and better things for Southern Indiana.  

And with my final Christmas Wish for 2012 I call on Al Gore for a little help

...Is there something we can do about the weather?  I realize that it should be cold in winter and hot in the summer but lately things have gotten a little ridiculous. 


...I realize that my Christmas wish list can’t be purchased at Wal-mart or Target.  The things I would like may be difficult to get, but I think they are all important.  New Albany is a great place to live but there is always room for improvement. If you can’t get me what I have asked for on my 2010 wish list, I can always use some socks.




.

No comments: