Friday, December 31, 2010

You say you want a RESOLUTION

This week in MY FRIDAY COLUMN I say goodbye to 2010 and hello to a Happy New Year:

YOU SAY YOU WANT A RESOLUTION

1.  THIS YEAR I WILL LOSE THOSE UNWANTED POUNDS

I know that it is cliché, but so is making a list of my resolutions.  Losing weight is probably one of the top two biggest things people resolve every new year.   


2.  THIS YEAR I WILL EXERCISE MORE

.  We are so lucky to have the YMCA downtown and I am ashamed that sometimes I go weeks without going.... I know that if I make a commitment to go more often it will go a long way towards losing some of the extra weight.


3.  THIS YEAR I WILL EAT BETTER

Restaurants offer too large of portions and free refills on soft drinks lead to too many calories, not to mention it is way more expensive to eat out all of the time....I will try to prepare meals to take to work instead of relying on convenience foods to satisfy my hunger.


4.  THIS YEAR I WILL READ MORE 

A few weeks ago, a Facebook friend posted a list of  100 books that everyone should read.  I counted eight books on it that I have read, which I would bet is better than most people but still not very good.  I have made a list of twelve of the books on the list that I think would be good to read and I plan to read them over the next twelve months.  

5.  THIS YEAR I WILL DONATE BLOOD MORE OFTEN

According to the Red Cross’s website only 3% of Americans give blood yet there is a growing need for blood every year.  I encourage you to try to donate if you are able.




   If I lose fifty pounds, exercise everyday, read twelve books and donate blood every 56 days I will do something fun for myself and family.  On the other hand, I may just do that anyway.


New Year’s resolutions are usually forgotten by the end of the first week of the new year.  Now that mine have been written down and been printed in the newspaper and on the internet for the whole world to see, I will have to be accountable for them.  Maybe this time next year I will be able to say that I did it





1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog